Have concerns about your weight? We can help:
Excess Weight in Stomach Area
- Excess stomach fat is closely tied to our hormones. The fat can change the hormonal balance, and the body’s hormonal level can effect how we store fat.
- Excess abdominal fat is a predictor of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance, and some cancers.
Overall Weight Problems
- Overall weight gain reflects an even distribution of fat cells across the entire body.
- Besides the risk of many chronic diseases, there is a strong link between excess weight and depression.
Need to Gain Weight
- Being underweight can be a concern if it’s the result of poor nutrition, genetics, metabolism, or if you are pregnant.
- There may also be health-related issues like drug use, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, tuberculosis or gastrointestinal, liver or thyroid problems.
Yo-Yo Weight Problems
- Some studies suggest that weight cycling may increase the risk for certain health problems.
- These include high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and gallbladder disease.
- The greater issue may be how you feel about yourself.
Every dietitian and nutritionist is pre-screened by the SalusWell team. They must meet our rigorous criteria for inclusion in our program, and have a set of client testimonials and references.
Making changes in your life can be stressful and frustrating. All SalusWell Personal Coaches have a deep understanding of the difficult challenges experienced by those who are trying to gain control over the food in their life. Our team is here for YOU!
You need someone to celebrate your victories with you, and give you the strength and stamina to continue moving forward — even if it’s just baby steps! That’s what we do best.
Dietitian Counseling is a covered benefit in many Health Plans. Check out yours, today!
According to the National Conference of State Legislatures in the United States, numerous states and insurance plans cover Nutritional Counseling and Therapy. This is especially the case for individuals who are dealing with obesity. The SalusWell system has been built to provide you with a receipt, so you can submit your sessions for reimbursement. Click HERE to learn more.
Why People Love Us
My doctor said I was pre-diabetic. What did that mean? It meant that my next step, if I did not lose weight, was to go on insulin. That was NOT going to happen to me! So, I started working with Ken from SalusWell. At first, I could not change everything I needed to change. However, after starting to see results in everything from my mood, to my stress, to my sleep — I became committed to the program. Now, I’ve lost 16 pounds in just three months. I’m excited to continue the journey of getting healthy again! And, I’m telling all of my friends, I’ve been so impressed with the simplicity and ease of the system and Ken’s encouragement and personal attention.Madeleine Miller
My whole life has been a roller coaster of weight loss and weight gain. And, sometimes it seems like the diets are doing more harm than good. Everyone on my dad’s side of the family has a weight loss issue. I have been determined to try to fight back. However, I have never been able to keep the weight off. I checked out a dietitian on SalusWell who specializes in yo-yo dieting, and I then learned how my body reacts to certain foods. Now, I am feeding my body what it wants, so I can stop this constant up and down on the scale. Plus, I have had all of my appointments from the privacy of my home, which has been an absolute bonus.Bob Michaels
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you with a response to your question.
Question #1: What is included in a dietitian or nutritionist online visit?
Although the conversation may be short or long, we always do three things:
1) Discuss your goals
2) Review your nutrition and health status
3) Develop an action plan and recommendations.
Question #2: What if I have an urgent issue or question? Can I talk to someone in the middle of the night or at a moment's notice?
Yes, you can contact a dietitian or nutritionist at any time. Even if your regular person is not available, the person who works with you for your urgent question will have access to your previous goals, along with your nutrition plan and health history. We want to provide great, consistent support to you and your family so you can choose foods to shape your healthier life.
Question #3: How much does the service cost?
We have some 'regular' plans on our home page on this website, but your dietitian or nutritionist can also offer you other packages, or customize something just for you! That's why we discuss your goals with you, so you are getting the program and support that fits your budget.
Now is the time to choose foods that shape your healthier life!
SalusWell can help you get healthier, faster! Register now for access to a dietitian or nutritionist 24 hours a day.